PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE
The Crude Oil Logistics Committee (the "Committee") is an organization created as a decision making body for the effective and efficient management of western Canadian crude oil and segregated condensate logistical systems.
The Committee is to operate as an open industry forum for discussion of supply, forecasting, and crude oil and condensate movement issues.
The Committee is responsible for:
- Monitoring receipt and disposition statistics for the purpose of identifying problems, recommending solutions, and assisting in cooperative industry solutions.
- Reviewing the concerns of all members and attempting to incorporate identified needs into the Committee's crude oil and condensate revised forecasting procedures, to the benefit of the industry in general.
- Ensuring the Committee's crude oil and condensate revised forecasting procedures are implemented effectively by the industry.
- Notifying the industry of the Committee's crude oil and condensate revised forecasting procedures updates.
- Maintaining statistical data packages as required.
- Contracting and closely supervising the activities of the contractor(s) providing Administrative Manager services to the Committee (the “Contractor”) or other specific services within the approved budget.
- Overseeing the preparation of annual operating budgets for the Committee’s activities and after discussion approving the budgets for forwarding to the committee providing oversight to the budgets of industry’s technical services committees, the Industry Technical Committee (the “ITC”).
- Liaising with the ITC and other industry bodies in areas of common interest.
- Developing an annual COLC Calendar.
- Providing any necessary training to the industry.